Goal setting is an important life skill for teenagers to have – you can find a previous session idea about it here.
This is the kind of subject that’s worth coming back to though, so here are three youth group activities you can plan if you want to run a second session.
Activity 1 – Identifying Goals
- Have a discussion that identifies the goals that the young people have.
- Have youth decide if they’re long term or short term goals.
- Split them into pairs to help each other figure out the steps to achieving their goals. Do they have a long term goal that has short term goals along the way?
Activity 2 – Visualizing Goals
Have the young people visualize their goals in some way. This could be by creating a flyer, taking a photograph or, if you’re feeling very crafty, a triarama of their goal.
Activity 3- Action Plans
Help the teenagers to create an action plan. Make sure you talk about setting SMART targets when trying to achieve goals.
Depending on what their goal is, the young people might need to create a budget to achieve their goal. If so, check out this post for ideas on how to plan a youth group activity that teaches teens to budget.
Question: What activities do you use to help youth to set and achieve goals? Let us know in the comments below.
You can also connect with us by:
- Signing up to receive our posts via email
- Following us on Twitter
- Liking us on Facebook
- Signing up to our RSS feed